Car accidents are a primary cause of injury and death. NHTSA projects that motor vehicle crashes in 2021 left almost 42,915 people dead, up 10.5% from 2020. In 2021, LAPD estimates that 294 people died in motor vehicle crashes, up 22% from 2020. While laws have been passed to prevent auto accidents, people in Los Angeles, CA, continue to text and drive, drive intoxicated, or drive aggressively. When an auto accident with injuries occurs, many people aren’t sure what to do and don’t know if they need to call a Los Angeles auto accident attorney. The wrong move or words spoken can be the difference between winning or losing a personal injury claim.
Six Steps to Take After an Auto Accident:
Knowing what to do and say after an accident is vital, especially when speaking to the other party and the police.
- Call 911. Let 911 operators know about the car accident and provide the location. The operator will want to know if anyone is injured. If you don’t file a report, you may not be able to claim damages or seek further compensation if something else goes wrong.
- Exchange Essential Information with Drivers,Passengers, and Witnesses Involved. Get the driver’s name, basic contact information, drivers’ license number, license plate number, and insurance company information.Passengers should also provide basic contact information. Be careful not to engage in conversation about what happened or take the blame for the accident.
- Take Clear Pictures of the Accident Scene. As documentation of the property damage, your injuries, and any evidence at the accident site. If there is a question of who caused the accident, such pictures can help determine who was at fault.
- Answer Questions from the Police. The police will ask certain questions so they can file a police report and determine if citations or arrests are warranted. Be honest but avoid admitting any fault or apologizing for the accident. You’ll need to obtain a copy of the police report at the police department later to file a claim with insurance.
- Get Medical Checkup Immediately. Even if you don’t think your injuries are severe, it’s best to get checked out by a doctor in case of any unseen injuries. Keep all documentation related to your injuries as proof of the expenses you incurred from the accident. Follow the doctor’s instructions closely.
- Notify your Insurance Company. With the help of your Los Angles auto accident attorney ,the insurance company will need all pertinent documentation to determine what claims you can file for medical expenses and vehicle damage.
Ready to Take Action? Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer to Schedule a Free Case Review at The Law Offices of Ramtin Sadighim Today
If you were involved in a serious auto accident, you may be struggling with a damaged or totaled vehicle and significant bodily injuries. Take action and contact the Law Offices of RamtinSadighim at 888.999.8744. Our legal team is ready and able to help guide you through the claim process and work on your behalf to ensure maximum financial compensation for your harms and losses. Our experienced team of solutions-focused, professionals understand the hardships a car accident can cause, and we are here to help. For further information or to schedule a consultation please contact The Law Offices of Ramtin Sadighim at 888.999.8744 or visit www.CaliAccidentAttorney.com to learn more.