Being injured in a car accident is not only a scary experience, it can cause serious legal and emotional ramifications for you or someone you love. If you have been in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be eligible to sue the negligent driver and recover damages. This is why it is critical to get in contact with a personal injury attorney in California following a car accident.
A personal injury attorney can help you deal with your car accident by:
- Assessing all potential damages: A car accident is a traumatic experience that can cause more than just physical damages to yourself and car. A personal injury attorney can help you determine all the damages you are eligible for, including medical bills, loss of wages, and emotional distress.
- Clarifying state laws: Sometimes, there are certain rules in place for you to be able to sue following a car accident. An experienced personal injury attorney can help explain the state laws to you, to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Having your back, even when your insurance company doesn’t: Even though your insurance company will generally protect you and get you compensation, they also have their own agenda when it comes to keeping costs down. Since you and your insurance company may not be in perfect agreement about your case, working with a personal injury attorney ensures you still have an advocate on your side.
- Explaining the settlement offer: Many car accidents are settled outside of court, which means the defendant or his/her insurance company will make you a settlement offer. Your attorney can review the offer and advise you as to whether you should accept it or pursue the lawsuit.
- Helping you file the lawsuit, should you decide to go court: If your attorney advises you to decline the settlement offer or you simply feel it is inadequate, you can choose to file the lawsuit and go to court.
If you have recently been in a car accident in Los Angeles, contact the law offices of Ramtin Sadighim to speak with one of our personal injury attorneys. Our attorneys will review your case and get you the damages you deserve.